LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

converting LabVIEW file to JAR file

Hi,

Currently I am working on a project and I have written the LabVIEW program. But for the real-time implementation, I need to convert it into a JAR file. Do any of you know about how to do this please? My mail id is : rfaru001@ucr.edu.

Thank you for reading my post.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,135 Views)

Hi rumana,

how and why do you want to convert a LabVIEW VI/project into a JAVA archive? (Why do you use LabVIEW for programming when you need to use JAVA?)

But for the real-time implementation

For realtime applications you should run the LabVIEW VI/project on a realtime target!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 5
(2,084 Views)

The software management platform only accepts JAR file and EXE file. I have just recently found that. So, I need either the JAR file or the exe file. Can you help me in that?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,012 Views)

Which software management platform?

Why would it only accept a JAR or EXE?  What if you were strictly a C programmer, what would you do?

It sounds like you are using the wrong tools and trying to use a screwdriver like it is a hammer.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,004 Views)

You mention real-time, do you mean a real-time hardware platform like the CompactROI controllers or did you just use this word to mean the final end product on your target computer. If you talk on this forum about real-time, everybody will assume you talk about the CompactRIO controllers or similar and then your question makes absolutely no sense.

If you mean simply an application on a normal computer then you will need the Application Builder addon (or the Professional Development System which contains the Application Builder to create an executable. However if your application makes use of any hardware you will not end up with just a simple EXE but really a complete Installer that you have to run once on every target machine to get the EXE (and a myriad of DLLs and other stuff) installed on your computer.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 5 of 5
(1,992 Views)