LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

convert coordinate system

You can also make an intensity graph like this...

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 23
(625 Views)

Have you gotten an answer to this question?  If not, please let me know.  I think I now understand the problem, and can write it up, along with my assumptions (in case one or more of them is wrong) and the methods that I use to get the solution (so you can "tweak" it to fix it).

This is an interesting problem in spherical geometry, which I'd like to generalize, both for my own benefit and for the benefit of others like you who may have similar questions (another "antenna" question recently appeared on this Forum).  For this reason, my intention is to upload of PDF of a document that contains the relevant math, leaving the (LabVIEW) implementation up to you (though it should be fairly straight-forward).  As I haven't written anything yet, who knows, I might break down and include a Transformation VI.

I'm about to go off to NIWeek, but will be bringing my PC with me.  I'll try to get this done within a week, particularly if you still have questions.

Bob Schor (a.k.a. Dizzy, from rotating so much)

Message 22 of 23
(588 Views)

Dizzy, Not formally, but I've been playing with it for a few days and I think I have it working (I hope). My program reads in a text file and then does all the reformatting bits to make it look like the example atoll file, minus the coordinate conversion because they changed their minds about it. I still can't quite tell if it is being rotated to the right correct location, but I'm sending a file to the customer to load into the Atoll software to see if it looks good. Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 23
(580 Views)