LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

convert 7.1 to 8.0

Hi, i'm new to labview and i cannot open a vi because it says it's not made for the version that i am using. Can someone convert the .vi for me? Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,087 Views)

Your VI is missing the Block Diagram and cannot be saved.  This happens with deployed systems And you will need to find out where the source code is.

Other than that- you should be able to open 7.1 with 8.0 they are compatable

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,080 Views)
thanks for the quick reply would the source code be a seperate file if so, what file extension would it be? and would it be the same name?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,065 Views)

It would be the same extension (*.vi). The file name could be the same too, but that's up to the programmer who saved it.

Typically it is worth renaming a VI before saving without block diagram. 😉 Where did you get this file? Do you know who wrote the program?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,060 Views)
err.JPG
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,033 Views)
thats the error i'm getting, it was in a .exe file i just changed the filename to llb which i was able to view all of the .vi files (around 500), none of the files are opening in labview
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,998 Views)
No, of course not. As already mentioned, when an exe is created, the block diagrams are removed. You have to get access to the original source code that the exe was built from.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,990 Views)