LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

convert 7.1 VI's to 7.0, please help

Can someone convert these VI's from 7.1 to 7.0 for me?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,056 Views)
It's been a while since I used LV7 but can't you just "Save for Previous" yourself?
LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,052 Views)

NIquist wrote:
It's been a while since I used LV7 but can't you just "Save for Previous" yourself?

They may not have LV 7.1.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,039 Views)
There's a driver for that instrument here in 7.0. If you need the code for that FTDI stuff, then you'll have to be patient.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,032 Views)

Hmm.  Good point.

I did find LV7.1 on an old lab PC but I can't download ZIPs due to network filters.  Post your unzipped VIs if no one else responds and I'll convert them.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,028 Views)

Thanks, It looks like I can only upload 3 files at a time. So let's first try changing the name of the extension.

Rename the cfg extension to zip.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,004 Views)

Hi mih,

why don't you attach with extension zip?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 7 of 11
(2,995 Views)
He already did and then Nlquist asked if the uncompressed files could be attached so the op changed the extension with the hope (i guess) that Nlquist could download that.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(2,992 Views)
These VIs use DLLs that I don't have so they open broken for me.  I believe they converted with no problem but I can't test them without the DLLs and the hardware.  Give them a try.
Message 9 of 11
(2,989 Views)

Thanks for everyone's help. I can read the converted VI's find, but you're right the DLL's are needed and I seem to have a problem on my Vista system with them. I will when I get a chance to see if I can read it on an XP system.

For now it seems like it would be a better idea to use the NI GPIB-USB adapter then the Prologix adapter. It seems like NI's adapter is fully compatible with Labview's GPIB calls while one has to make new VI's with the Prologix adapter. Alas, we do need to try different things!

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,919 Views)