LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

controls palette missing if new vi is created on target

Hi,

I've a problem with LabVIEW 2013 SP1. If I create a project on my computer, I'm able to see all elements in the controls palette on a right click in a VI. If I want to create a project on a compact RIO RT and add a new VI, the controls and function palettes are empty. I don't really know why this is happening, since I'm sure, that I've installed all needed toolkits. I've already tried to reinstall all components with the repair function.

Does anybody know a solution to this strange behaviour?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,064 Views)

Hi,

first of all please keep in mind that palettes for cRIO targets are different from the ones running on the MyComputer Target.

But this doesn't explain that there are no functions / elements in your palettes.

Please check the following website for some basic troubleshoot steps:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/AE0B46020D22C7E4862565550071FB1D?OpenDocument

You said that you installed all required software components. Could you please tell us which cRIO you are using exactly and which version of NI-RIO you installed?

Were you able to successfully add your cRIO to the Project Explorer or did you just open an exemplary VI or something with a predefined RT target?

Best regards

Christian

Christian
CLA, CTA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,976 Views)

I have the same problem with 2014. The mnu items are not available so the link below does not help me. How do I get this working?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,835 Views)

I have the same problem when I create a VI under a cRio target (cRIO-9024). I use LabVIEW 2014.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,754 Views)

Hi,

Can you please attach a simple MAX report for further troubleshooting?

Regards, Christian

Christian
CLA, CTA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,744 Views)

I also found out that if I access the Edit Palette Set (Tools>Advanced) when I am in the VI created under the target device and then I do right click on the Control or Function palette they are not sincronized with a directory. However if I do the same when I am in the VI created under the host computer I do get the following siconization paths for the Functions palette: \Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2014\menus\Categories and the following path for the Control palette: \Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2014\menus\Controls.

I have tried to add manually the mentioned  path to sincronize the Control and Function palettes but did not solve the problem.

I attach a MAX technical report.

Joan

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,735 Views)