From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

controls appear and disappear

Hello,

I want to make controls on the front panel to appear. So, say the front panel has two visible controls A and B. If the user makes A true, then another control, X, appears and the user can make that true or false. If the user makes B true, then Y appears, and the user can make Y true or false. How would I go about in doing something like this? 

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,830 Views)
You place the visible property inside your event structure.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(3,816 Views)

Thank you for your answer,

However, could you be a but more specific about the visible property and how I would incorporate it into my block diagram? I understand how to create the property, but I do not know how to use it in the block diagram to do what I want it to do.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,804 Views)
You should be using an event structure to detect the clicking of your A and B controls. Each would have a value change event. Inside those events is where you place the visible properties.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,799 Views)

So, what I am doing is I have a menu ring as a control on the front panel. If option 0 (value) is selected, I want a bunch of other controls to become visible. If option 1 (value) is selected, I want a bunch of other controls to become visible. I am trying this with a case structure but I cannot seem to get the controls to be invisible. Is their an invoke or create invisible property by default?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,734 Views)

Yes.  Right click on the control.  Create property node.  Find the "Visible" property.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(3,724 Views)

I get the visible property. It is clearly visible even without the visible property. What I want is invisible. I want it to become visible when the menu ring is selected. 

Everything is visible I don't want everything to be visible when starting. I want it to be "Invisible"

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,718 Views)
Please read the help. You DON'T get the visible property at all. If you want Invisible, you simply wire a false constant to the visible property.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,704 Views)

Pretend that you work for IBM, whose motto is "Think".  You can also pretend that you are a scientist and "do an experiment" -- write a tiny VI that has a control on the Front Panel.  Create a property node for that control.  Select any property.  Wire a constant to that property.  Run, see what happens.  Now wire a different constant, run, observe.  Make a deduction.

... and when all else fails, Read the **** Manual (or, in LabVIEW's case, right-click on the Visible Property Node and choose "Help for Visible").

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,679 Views)

@kenypatel wrote:

I get the visible property. It is clearly visible even without the visible property. What I want is invisible. I want it to become visible when the menu ring is selected. 

Everything is visible I don't want everything to be visible when starting. I want it to be "Invisible"

Context Help is your friend.  Turn it on with Control H.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(3,666 Views)