From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

controlling the agilent 89441A under Labview

I am trying to communicate with our 89441A Vector Signal Analyzer via GPIB under Labview 7.1. I downloaded the intstrument driver (v1.2) from the National Instruments website.

The application example works fine. But this example uses the instrument mode "vector", and I'd like to use the "scalar" mode. When I change the instrument mode,  the returned data is unexpected. The shape of the plot doesn't change, but the X-data (frequency bins) are in the range -7kHz to +43kHz, were I expected 0..+50kHz. The analyzer displays 0..50kHz on the screen, but the plot on the computer is shifted 7kHz to the left!

I have no clue on where to look: Is it a driver bug, an instrument bug, or am I doing something wrong? Please help me out here... Anyone experience with this issue? Does anyone at all have experience with controlling the 89441A?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,850 Views)

Have you downloaded the programmer's manual for the instrument?

I know people tend to just use instrument drivers but when unexpected results are obtained it is always best to go back and read the manual.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,843 Views)
Yes, I have looked at the programmers manual (I even have a hardcopy Smiley Tongue ), but unfortunately that didn't bring me any further.

I'm afraid not so many people have a 89441A, but if anyone has one, please let me know is you have any experience with remote controlling.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,827 Views)

I, too, am trying to control an Agilent 89441A.

Where did you get your code?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,385 Views)

Just use Help>Find Instrumenr Drivers.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,373 Views)