From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

controlling DIO Ports with DAQ1200

Hello,
who knows how to control the 3 DIO Ports at the same time with that box.
There is always a resetting (initializing) of the other channels when I set
another, even so when I wire a 1 on the initialize pin of the easy DIO
write.vi. Has anybody some more experience with it.
Nice greetings
Herbert
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,181 Views)
Hi Anja,

The higher level VI's (like easy DIO write.VI, if I remember correctly) will open and close connections to a device. If you would like to do continuous operations to a device with the resets, try one of the lower level VI's or take a closer look at what's happening inside the VI you are working with. (Sorry, No LabVIEW on this machine. Just rebuilt it, you know teenagres...).

What you want to do is open a connection one, do all of your I/O, and only close the connection when you want to exit.

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,181 Views)
Anja;

If you use the Easy DIO VIs to control the digital ports, at each time you call one of those VIs, the whole thing is reconfigured.
The way to go about that is to use the Advanced VIs so you have more control over the initialization of the ports.
Hope this helps.
Filipe
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,181 Views)