LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

controling Horiba JY SpectrAcq2 & microHR

Hello.

I'm a student working on an automation project in my lab.

my goal is to automate a Prior scientific PROSCAN II stage and the HORIBA Jobin Yvon MicroHR spectrometer & SpectrAcq2.

I got from HORIBA the VI's that control the MicroHR, and I did succeed to move it and play with it (move slits etc.), but I couldn't make it with the SpectrAcq2 (controls integration time - that i want to be able to change).

maybe I don't really understant the VI's i got from HORIBA, but the bottom line is that I can't control the Jobin Yvon SpecrtAcq2 😞

Does anyone knows something about it, and can help me please???

Thank you very much!

...If I may - I have another question about the PROSCAN II.

Is it possible to control the stage with 32-bit LABVIEW?

The problem is that the MicroHR works with 32-bit, and the stage works with 64-bit.

Is there a way to make them both with a single version of LABVIEW?

I prefer to force the stage to work with 32-bit, because the only way to control the MicroHR with 64-bit is to buy an SDK...

Thanks again 🙂

See attached below the VI's of the stage, the MicroHR and the SpectrAcq2.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,320 Views)

Hello, please try contacting Horiba as the are the ones creating the VIs

I found their manual online, http://www.horiba.com/fileadmin/uploads/Scientific/Documents/OSD/Labview/80123A_GPIB-Serial_LabVIEWS...

The VIs seem pretty old not sure if they will  work with newer LabVIEW versions 

Are this the drivers you downloaded?

http://www.horiba.com/us/en/scientific/products/optical-spectroscopy/software/labview-request/downlo...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,270 Views)

first - thank you very much! appreciate it 🙂

yes - i talked to HORIBA, but they said no one can help me... they told me to ask the company their representative. not a success either 😕

Thanks! I'll try to download again from the site you gave me...

I already have the manual. I searched in it and didn't find a solution.

As I understand - The SpectrAcq2 is like a ADC and controls the integration time. It's crucial for my automation of the system... 

Nrojas - Thank you very much again!

...And for everyone that follows - i'll post again next week to update for our progress (hope will have some)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,267 Views)

HI.

Regarding your question - no... its not these exact files from the site you gave me.  But I think very similar.

HORIBA sent me their VI's for Labview2012 version, as I attached to my first post.

I attached it again here...

Thanks again!

All the best,

Eytan

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,265 Views)