LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

control front panel in powerpoint

Hi!

I have to make a presentation and I would love to show my front panel working on a slide. Is this possible?

I already have done it with a software that allows me to open an html in powerpoint, and using the labview web server. The problem is that it doesnt allow me to open subvis.

Any help???

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,869 Views)
Hello Zephirus,

There are so much examples of using power point inside LabVIEW... But not a single doing the opposite!
I don't think it's possible to launch a VI into power point AND to open the diagram into power point as well.
The only way to see a diagram is to launch LabVIEW. So, you should have to launch LabVIEW from powerpoint using ActiveX, then launch your VI into it, then open the diagram into LabVIEW into your Power Point... It's a few inconvenient isn't it? I don't know very well all the power point functionalities, so I think what you are doing is the best we can do with this (very good) tool.

Best regards,
BRAUD Jean-Philippe
Field Sales Engineer - Nord et Centre France
LabVIEW Certified Developper
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,839 Views)
Hi jp_Braud.

It seems it's not possible... well, maybe on another version there will be a solution for that. It was a very interesting ideia to show my software inside the presentation rather than show static images.

Anyway, thanks for your answer.

Pedro
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,838 Views)

Hi Pedro,

Even if it's not possible to open dynamicaly your diagram directly into your presentation, it's always possible to open an ".exe" in Power Point. If this can help you...

Good luck for your speach 😄

BRAUD Jean-Philippe
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,833 Views)
David Moore, of Moore Good Ideas, several years ago showed a program written in LV which did everything that most people wanted to do with Powerpoint. He did an entire presentation at NI Week or some other conference using only LV for his presentation. Here is the URL of his site: http://www.mooregoodideas.com I did not see any reference to the presentation software in a quick glance at the site.

Lynn
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,830 Views)
I dont know how to do that... I don't find the ActiveX thing, if its that your refering at.

Any help???
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,830 Views)
Hi everyone,

Just to be sure : You want to open your VI with Power Point, right? Because if you want to open / use then close power point with LabVIEW or a VI, it's completely possible, just have a look into the NI-developper zone. Here is one of the VI you can find there.

Regards,

BRAUD Jean-Philippe
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,825 Views)
The ideia is to show my software IN powerpoint, in a common slide. I mean, working! Like if I were using the remote control function of Labview. As I said before, I tried a program that enables me to view webpages inside powerpoint and I saw my software. The problem is that it doesn't open subvis, among other bugs.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,817 Views)