LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

control for channels to read by DAQ Assistant

Is it possible to use the DAQ assistant Express VI (not the individual DAQ mx vi-s) but still be able to control the channels you want to read? 

For example, in the attached VI I have 4 cases. In case "0" I have no channel, in case "1" I have, channels ai0 to ai2,  in case "2" I have, channels ai3 to ai5, and  in case "3" I have, channels ai0 to ai5. 

Why does DAQ assistant not work in this case? 

How can I solve this problem?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,102 Views)

First, you are not using the DAQ Assistant. You converted it to a VI and added the physical channel control but you did not modify the case statements that have the First Call function. You would also need to modify it to stop and clear the task with each iteration. Why don't you just use the DAQmx functions in the first place. Or why don't you just acquire all of the channels and ignore the ones you don't want?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,074 Views)

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for your reply.

I don't want to acquire all the channels because, I would rarely need that. Most of the time I need case 1 or 2 (3 channels) and I will do it at 10kHz. So I think it would be use less to read all 6 channels together all the time (don't know, but probably would affect the speed ! ). 

I can use DAQmx functions but, Daq assistant is a compact version of that, so wanted to stick to that.

So, do you think it is possible to do it in DAQ assistant or do you suggest to use, DAQmx functions?

I think by "case statements that have the First Call function" you mean the controls under create channels. I tried to change them. Can you please clarify how to "modify it to stop and clear the task with each iteration".

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,059 Views)