LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

control-click equivalent?

Solved!
Go to solution

Is there a way, on the front panel or block diagram, to perfom a control-click operation?  i.e. inside windows explorer, I can hold control and click various folders to perform some operation to those selected.  In my case,  I have a few different labels spread out across my front panel that I want to align.  Right now the only way I know to select them all is to drag a box around them, which in my case also selects a bunch of stuff I don't want to select.  Any way around this?

thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,341 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bmishoe

@bmishoe wrote:

Is there a way, on the front panel or block diagram, to perfom a control-click operation?  i.e. inside windows explorer, I can hold control and click various folders to perform some operation to those selected.  In my case,  I have a few different labels spread out across my front panel that I want to align.  Right now the only way I know to select them all is to drag a box around them, which in my case also selects a bunch of stuff I don't want to select.  Any way around this?

thanks in advance

What version of LabVIEW are you using?  In 2013 I can use Shift+click to select/group multiple items on the front panel or block diagram.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If someone helped you out, please select their post as the solution and/or give them Kudos!
Message 2 of 4
(2,340 Views)

ha!  I have 2012 SP1 but Shift-Click works for me too!  I never thought to try it because in all other apps I use, Shift clicking selects everything between click 1 and click 2.  This is great, thanks so much!

In my research before I posted, I came across this quick reference.  Now that I look at it I see that it indeed describes shift-click correctly:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361H-01/lvhowto/keyboard_shortcuts/

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,334 Views)

@bmishoe wrote:

ha!  I have 2012 SP1 but Shift-Click works for me too!  I never thought to try it because in all other apps I use, Shift clicking selects everything between click 1 and click 2.  This is great, thanks so much!

In my research before I posted, I came across this quick reference.  Now that I look at it I see that it indeed describes shift-click correctly:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361H-01/lvhowto/keyboard_shortcuts/

Yes I am aware of what you mean.  In Explorer, shift-click works by highlighting everything between two points, while ctrl-click can group multiple, non-adjacent files selected one at a time.

Either way, I'm glad shift-click will work for you 😄

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If someone helped you out, please select their post as the solution and/or give them Kudos!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,330 Views)