LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

control and acquisition (events) 2

I have questioned :"I need to control a stepper motor and at the same time to acquire signals (voltage of the motor). When I control a stepper motor it works perfectly, it responds inmediatly, but if I try to control the motor and acquire signal at the same time, the motor not respond inmediatly.... How can I control and acquire the signals at the same time? and the motor respond inmediatly."

Jonnie5 responds me.. and he said that if I´m using buffered types, there should be no problem in simultaneous acquisition & control...
I don´t know what does he mean with buffered types, also I need information about events, and which is the utily of the events?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,057 Views)
First of all, we will need to know what hardware you are using. I hope you've got the NI Motion controller and an NI DAQ board. If so, you're looking good. Jonnie5 was talking about continuous buffered acquisition. There are several examples at your fingertips that ship with LabVIEW. Under the Help menu, go to Find Examples. On the dialog that appears, select Hardware Input and Output -> DAQ -> Analog Input -> General and then whichever "Cont Acq .... (buffered)" example you like.

Run that example in parallel with your stepper motor routines and you've got a prototype. If you do not feel that your LabVIEW skills are developed enough to integrate the two functions in parallel, there are LabVIEW experts waiting to help at a nearby Alliance Member co
mpany like ours.

Daniel L. Press
PrimeTest Corp.
www.primetest.com
Message 2 of 2
(2,057 Views)