cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

control 3 phase inverter with usb 6008

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello! 

What is the right way to proceed, if I have to control the attached inverter (3 phase Omron Inverter Sysdrive 3G3XV 1,5 kW, model A4015) to rotate an engine, with the USB 6008 through Lab View? Where should I start, as a beginner? How would a professional proceed? For the moment, I have connected a tachometer to my USB 6008 and when I manually change the speed (frequency) on the inverter (and on the 3 phase engine accordingly) I can see the variations in my DAQ Assistant (through voltage), but I can't manage to control it with the usb 6008. The way the inverter can be controlled is "sine wave pwm". Although I researched a lot in the last few days and some people are saying that the USB 6008 can not control other devices through PWM (the rate of insucces is greater than the succesfull one), what are the main elements I should check to confirm myself that this is really not possible at this point?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,486 Views)

The USB 6008 can only generate low frequency signals (2 AO (150 Hz)) . I think you could run it at a very low speed with it.  Try generating a sine wave of for instance 10 Hz.

You can take a voltage to frequency converter chip. Then it might be possible.

Message 2 of 4
(2,459 Views)
Solution
Accepted by lid2cip

Hi lid2cip,

read that manual of your inverter, and see that wiring diagram on page 7!

Your inverter allows external commands using digital inputs (FORWARD, REVERSE) and analog inputs (MASTER command, 0-10V)! So use your USB6008 to output those digital and analog signals…

All you need to do is to configure the inverter to use those inputs and to scale the analog input to the desired speed!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 3 of 4
(2,456 Views)

Yes, now I will only have to play with the V/f settings.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,441 Views)