LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

continuously update time stamp on main panel

Hello,

I am trying to continuously update/show the time stamp based of a fixed starting point.  I made a SubVI, to accomplish the task, however, how can I go about using this subVI into a main program?  Alternatively, how can I continuously update the timestamp on the main VI?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

hiNi.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,244 Views)

Can you convert your library to 2012? thanks

Thank you & Best regards
syrpimp

=======================================================
“You must continue to gain expertise, but avoid thinking like an expert." -Denis Waitley
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,231 Views)

I’m Unable to check your sample VI (I don’t have 2013 in my PC).

Check this. I hope this will help You.

Munna
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,223 Views)

Are you on a MAC or are you looking for Time to XL.vi?  (The Time constant does not travel well, reset it to your local time)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,214 Views)

Hi hiNi,

I'm not sure to have understood your request.

Does this code answers to your question?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,192 Views)

Hello, 

I have converted the files to LabVIEW 2012.

I am bascially trying to update the time stamp in the Main.VI every second.  The time stamp has to start from a default setting of 10pm then update from that point until the program stops.  The subVI by itself works fine, however, in the Main.VI, it does not update the time stamp.

Alternatively, is there a more efficient way to have the time stamp update every second in the Main.VI as the program is running, given a default start of 10pm?

Thanks,

hiNi

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,146 Views)

Sorry,

Here is the program that I need help with to get modified.

Thanks,

hiNi.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,133 Views)

Why you want to read time stamp from Subvi. If you’re not doing anything in subvi (except time) then there is no use. You can simply update your time in Main VI ( as per my previous post).

Please check this VI. I hope this will help you.

Munna
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,119 Views)
You want to display an absolute time that has no relationship to the actual time? That sounds useful.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,108 Views)