LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

continuous V-I measurements for stability test

hello everyone, 

I am a beginner at labview. I have to make a program to continuously measure the current and voltage using keysight B2900A for testing long term stability of solar cell and save data in a spreadsheet. Can anyone help me with it so that i can get a clear idea of how to do it

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,914 Views)

Hi ujjwal,

I am a beginner at labview.

Which is seen by the way you write LabVIEW…

Good advice: take those free courses offered in the Training section in the header of this LabVIEW board!

I have to make a program to continuously measure the current and voltage using keysight B2900A for testing long term stability of solar cell and save data in a spreadsheet.

You need a loop.

You need some VIs (called device driver) to read values from your DAQ device: see here!

Use those "spreadsheet" functions in the file palette…

Can anyone help me with it so that i can get a clear idea of how to do it

Show what you have done so far.

Explain where you get problems.

Or hire a developer!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,904 Views)

Thank you very much. I've followed the steps you told me and was able to do my work. 

Can you help me with a timed sequence which executes the code on a logarithmic time scale, i.e. on 1 second, 10th second, 100th second, 1000 and so on.   

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,864 Views)

Hi ujjwal,

don't use a "timed sequence"!

Use a statemachine approach: a case structure inside a while loop. You need two states (from your description)

• Wait (or WaitUntil)
  • Execute code

In the wait state you will wait your delay values (1s, 10s, 100s, 1000s), and in the execute case you execute your code…

Remark: it's not recommended to have just one wait of 100s. It's much better to call a wait of 1s 100 times…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,857 Views)