LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

consumer/producer fast AI and AO.

I made a routine for fast DAQmx (PXIe-6124) acquisition in two while loop (consumer and producer).

Currently it can be run by pushing run-button. 

But, I would like to one more while loop (totally 3) for user-friendly interface and integrating sub-program using event structure.

Among troubles I thought, these three loops can affect the acquisition speed of DAQmx.

For example, if I send a "Acquire" signal to producer and consumer of DAQmx from event loop,

this mean I also have to send "Stop" command.

This requires more functions in every real-time acquisition iteration.

-conditional state loop and cluster bundle of 2D(500*500 DBL array) and variant of command enum or data to control consumer loop in producer of DAQmx.

-conditional state loop for next step and cluster unbundle of data in consumer loop.

My question is...

Are there some special or rule-of-thumb techniques for continuous, fast and large data DAQmx acquisition in producer and consumer using three while loops?

Instead of this, do I had better use call-by-reference under other main program?

labmaster.

*)I am sorry I can't post my code because of modifying and hidden subVIs. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,313 Views)
You will need some logic in your producer loop to execute the stop command sent by the first while loop but won't need one for the consumer loop since it can stop on error when the producer loop is stopped and the queue you are reading from is destroyed.
Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,293 Views)