From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

constant frequency generation

hii....

i want to generate constant frequency of 5kHz (2.5 Vrms) using some ni module......actualy i want to energize accelerometer (hbm b12) using 5kHz (2.5 Vrms) supply.

plz help me out !!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,102 Views)

Hello Prashant,

Please share your platform details with us. The module you are looking for is base on cRIO, PCI, PXI......

This information is very usefull to get the solution.

Thanks and Regards
Himanshu Goyal | LabVIEW Engineer- Power System Automation
Values that steer us ahead: Passion | Innovation | Ambition | Diligence | Teamwork
It Only gets BETTER!!!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,087 Views)

we have both the plateform cRIO N PXI....but according to instruction we dont have to use both of them.....but as for learning experience plz share how to do it using cRIO n pxi.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,069 Views)

Hello Prashant,

To get 5KHz Frequency your sampling rate of the signal must be double or grater than double. So now you have to generate/acquire a signal on 15000 samples/sec. You can go with high resulation cards depend on you channel count. If channel is less or for your learning you can configure M series 6255 card in MAX and configure it.

Thanks and Regards
Himanshu Goyal | LabVIEW Engineer- Power System Automation
Values that steer us ahead: Passion | Innovation | Ambition | Diligence | Teamwork
It Only gets BETTER!!!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,058 Views)

The inductance of the device is 10 mH. At 2.5 V and 5 kHz the current will be 8 mA rms or over 11 mA peak.  Make sure that the device you select can produce that much current and that it can drive an inductive load.

The 6255 which Himanshu Goyal suggested is rated for 5 mA output.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,040 Views)