From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connecting to remote compile server

Hello,

I have installed the fpga compile worker on a different pc in our network to remotely compile the vi's to a bitfile. My problem is that I can not connect from my development pc to the compilation pc. All ports are open between the two pc's, and I can transfer datafiles between both, but it is not possible to connect to the compilation server.

Here is what happens; When I open the compile worker on the development pc, I click configure and choose the "Connect to a compile server" radio button. In hostname I write the IP-adres of the other pc, and user name and password is the login of this other pc.If I click ok, I get the error "Authentication with server failed. Verify the worker is configured correctly and the user name and password are correct".

I have checked the "Allow users to connect remotely to this computer" in the Server Configuration.

I've tried several user name and password combinations but nothing worked. Can somebody tell me what I am overlooking here?

With regards,

Dries

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,101 Views)

Dear Dries,

thank you for your post on our webforum. Which user name / passwords did you try? Please notice that the default user name / password is admin and blank password. Just to be sure.

Please try manually starting the Compile Worker on the remote side, then trying to connect from your host computer (or Test Connection from the host).  

Best regards,

Martijn S
Applications Engineer
NI Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,068 Views)

Ah ok, I thought the username & password where the same as the login of the user in windows. I tried admin & blank and it worked. Thank you.

Can you also tell me how you can change the username & password?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,061 Views)