LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connecting a spex 1702 Spectrometer via rs232

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to connect an old Spex 1702 Spectrometer to our computer via RS232. I have some downloaded vi's from the HORIBA site that are supposed to work with this series. When I run the "Start-up.vi" that is supposed to establish connection between the spectrometer and the computer, all I get is the red error light. I'm fairly new with Labview and know basically nothing about RS232, so any help or suggestions on how to get that connection established would be appreciated! Thanks,

Matt

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,383 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author morvis

The old drivers used outdates serial drivers which won't work with newer versions of LV.

There might be newer versions of the drivers floating around but I ended up doing my own versions in VISA instead of waiting for the manufacturer.  Please note that it was a nightmare to migrate.....

Shane.

Ps Installing a much older version of LV should get it working also if the OS is supported (LV 7.1 and XP?)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,370 Views)

Thanks! I installed a different driver and VISA and it works great now. I appreciate the help!

Matt

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,349 Views)

Hey Hiii.....I am also trying to connect SPEX-1702 to PC but unable to find drivers for it in the Horiba website.. can you help me out.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,111 Views)