LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connect usb 6259

As you say i cannot use 6259  to COMMUNICATE with the network analyzer. But i can  LabvIEW to communicate to the 6259 and you can use LabVIEW to communicate to the network analyzer. I could use the network analyzer to MEASURE the output of the 6259.

I want to know where can i find the labVIEW code to control the devices like agilent e8361c, agilent power supply n5752A and agilent function generator 33250A which are all connected through GPIB gateway. How can i communicate with the DAQ 6259.  My computer is connected with the network analyzer using the same ip address. How can i use the network analyzer to measure the output of 6259. I have been stuck with this forever. Do i have to write the code or can i find it online from NI.

I am very new to LabVIEW can you tell please tell me step my step what i need to make sure for all these devices to be interconnected.

Thank You

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(681 Views)

Don't ask where you can find the drivers for the instruments again. I already told you. And I already pointed you to the locations where you can learn how to use the drivers. Have you really read the information in the all of the links I posted? You're certainly not going to get your program written for you.

And, if your instrument has the same ip address as the pc, you need to change one of them. You might want to do a little research on networking fundamentals as well.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(673 Views)
i think you might be knowledgeable but i am sure that u don't know how to talk with people nicely. take that note.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(662 Views)
I talk very nicely to people that pay attention to what is said and are not too lazy to do some work.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(660 Views)
that's the way u talk. and you think that is good.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(653 Views)

Dennis has given you all the tools you need to use all of your devices.  The instrument driver network he keeps pointing you too has prebuilt VIs to abstract some of the code for you. (So instead of interpreting a number of GPIB commands and worrying about the communications, you can set high level things like timing rates or voltage outputs and inputs.)  

DAQmx will be the driver you need to control your 6259.  As Dennis said, the DAQmx examples are great pieces of code that has already been created.  I understand you are new to this whole environment, but I would try to refrain from getting into fights on here.  Instead of telling someone they are being mean, repost with what you have tried and where you are running into difficulties so that everyone can offer more assistance.  Often detail greatly helps and screen shots can be useful demonstrations of what you have already done.  Hope this helps!

ColeR
Field Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(643 Views)