LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connect usb 6259

i need to connect ni usb 6259 with the network analyzer and i don't even know what are the programs i need for this. is there any way i can test if the niusb 6259 is working or not.  your comment will be highly appreciated.

thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(3,183 Views)
You want to connect what of the 6259 to what kind of network analyzer? The driver you need for the 6259 is DAQmx. There are test panels in MAX. A simple scope can verify the analog and digital outputs. LabVIEW functions for the 6259 are on the Measurement I/O palette. There are numerous example programs in LabVIEW for NI DAQ cards. I have no idea what programs or drivers you might need for the network analyzer since you have not provided any details on that instrument.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(3,173 Views)
i need to connect usb 6259 with the agilent network analyzer and be able to read in the input voltage on the labview.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(3,160 Views)

That's even more confusing. Do you want to create a signal with the DAQ card and measure it with the network analyzer? What type of signal would you want the 6259 to generate? Are you trying to simulate something with the DAQ card?

Agilent makes a lot of instruments. Why can't you provide the model number?

p.s. There is a lot of space in the message body to provide details. There is absolutely no need to limit yourself to one or two cryptic sentences.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(3,151 Views)

i need to be able to read the signal from Agilent 33250A, 80Mhz function/Arbitrary waveform generator. I need to input the signal in daq ni-usb6259 and be able to read and analyzer the voltage in it. This need to read by the code written in the Labview.I am beginner to the labview and i don't have much knowledge about it. Any help will be highly appreciated.

thank you

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(3,139 Views)

I wish you were consistent. Now you are saying that you have a signal generator and not a network analyzer. Are you really sure of what instruments you have?

For the 33250A, there is an instrument driver here. You will obviously need to connect the instrument to the pc in some manner. The instrument supports GPIB, Ethernet, USB, and RS-232. You need to find out what interface the actual instrument has. If it's only GPIB, you would need a GPIB controller for the pc. For information on what a driver is and how to use one, check the links on the Instrument Driver Network page.

I already mentioned that you use DAQmx functions to control/read the DAQ card. See the DAQmx Getting Started page for explanations of waht DAQmx is and how you use it for NI DAQ cards.

For learning LabVIEW basics, see these tutorials. There other training resources available.

You have not mentioned the type of analysis you need to do. If you have trouble, you need to provide these details. And why do you continue to not provide the details that have been constantly asked for? Whether or not you understand LabVIEW, you need to be able to do a technical description of your task. That's a basic skill that you need to have.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(3,135 Views)

I need to connect NI usb-6259 using labview to a network analyzer agilent e8361c, agilent power supply n5752A and agilent function generator 33250A. All agilent devices are connected through GPIB gateway. I am having difficulty finding the NI driver for labview 8.6. Do you have any recommendation where i may find the driver?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(3,125 Views)
NI has the power supply driver. Agilent has an IVI driver.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(3,119 Views)

I want to know where can i find power supply driver and then know how can i use labview to communicate with the agilent network analyzer  using the ni usb-6259.

Thank you 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(3,109 Views)

I already gave you the link for the Instrument driver network. Enter the model number and do the search. You can also start your search from LabVIEW - Tools>Instrumentation>Find Instrument Driver. Agilent has it's own search engine that takes about two or three mouse clicks to find the driver.

And as I mentioned earlier, the instrument driver network has links on how to use a driver and what are the various types of drivers. Read those sections. It talks about IVI. You have the option to use the specific instrument driver or the class driver. If the driver from Agilent is IVI-C, you will also need the LabVIEW Instrument Driver Import Wizard.

And you DO NOT COMMUNICATE with the network analyzer using the 6259. You can use LabvIEW to communicate to the 6259 and you can use LabVIEW to communicate to the network analyzer. You could use the network analyzer to MEASURE the output of the 6259.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(3,102 Views)