From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connect boolean to daqmx

Hi!

I want to modify the example Voltage continuous input to be able to take a measure each n milliseconds. I make a timer who has a boolean output when the specified time was passed, how can I connect this boolean to trigger the measurement of the DAQmx trigger?

In the attached code there is a 'time interval' tab, which contains the timer I made. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,830 Views)

Your case structure only runs once.

It is very unusual to have a tab control actually connect to a case structure.  Tab controls are usually just a way to organize different views of sets of items for a user.  It is very uncommon for the value of the tab control to actually control program flow.

You seem to be missing the concept of how dataflow works. I would recommend looking at the online LabVIEW tutorials
LabVIEW Introduction Course - Three Hours
Learn LabVIEW

Then sit down and work out a flowchart as to how the various parts of your program would interact.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,786 Views)

I don't mind the tabs, that is inherited form the example VI, the point is to create time driven measurements in a controlled interval, without the use of an external physical element (the interval is set into the controlling computer). I'm trying this way because every other example I saw over there is using an external input to trigger the measurement and I don't want this.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,751 Views)