LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connect LabVIEW to Bosch rexroth plc using OPC

Dear all,

I am using rexroth(Indra L20)PLC which as OPC and labview 8.5.In my application read/write the tags of plc through LabVIEW.Give me the steps to follow.

Regards,

Sathish

Message 1 of 5
(4,938 Views)

Sathish,

best thing to start with is using the Datalogging and Supervisory Control (DSC) Module in order to connect shared variables to the OPC server. Please note that there is no garantee for correct functionality though since OPC is not a strict definition but a mere collection of "could be's" (a little overexaggeration, but essentially true).

So if you cannot connect to the OPC server directly using DSC, you should use OPC tunneler from e.g. Matrikon.

In your LabVIEW VI, you will simply access shared variables which are connected to the OPC tags.

hope this helps,

Norbert 

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,927 Views)

Hi Sathish, 

Also refer to following link

Connect LabVIEW to Any Industrial Network and PLC.

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/5407

Regards,

Hardik

Message Edited by Hardik Asawa on 12-07-2009 09:57 PM
Message Edited by Hardik Asawa on 12-07-2009 09:59 PM
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,908 Views)
You might not need the opc software and DSC module. I had a setup with an Indramat MT-CNC where the serial port could be conifgured as a modbus port with logic commands. You might be able to do that and use the NI Modbus Library download. I have not used your specific plc model.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,886 Views)

Priya,

I have rexroth PLC I'm working on indraworks software to write ladder logic and PLC programming and I want to connect it to opc server how would I connect it to opc in matrikon from Indra works? please if you can help me

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,050 Views)