From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

configuring run time language for applications

Hi,

I have a problem in Scan From String node. The node takes the System language for parsing and converting to timestamp.

For Example, If the system Language is Dutch(Netherlands) we have to give "Do" instead of  "Thu" for Thursday.

Is there any way to force LabView to use only English Language irrespective of the System Language. 

I referred this link Language preference and found AppLanguage key to give the language. I added this Key to LabView.ini file with value "English". It was not working. I also tried other values like "english","en". These were also not working. Please also specify how we must give value for the above-mentioned key.

Please go through the VI to get a clear picture of the problem.

Regards,

Viknesh

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,456 Views)

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/3603/en/

[Edit: Note: Strings in menus (such as File, Edit, Project, Help, and so on) and pop-up menus depend upon the version of the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine you are using with the executable. If you use the English Run-Time Engine, the menus always appear in English, regardless of the language of your operating system. Localized versions of the Run-Time Engine are available in French, German and Japanese, from the National Instruments Support site.].

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,399 Views)