LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

config Daq express via control

Hi there,

Is it possible to configure channels in daq express using a control input in the front panel. i ask this cause im doing an exe and in the possibility that circuit module inputs are changed i cant acess the code for exemple.

Regards,

asnaev

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,067 Views)

No.  The DAQ Assistant is intended for quick, easy setup of some basic DAQ functions.  It isn't intended for full flexibility.

You will need to use the lower level DAQmx functions so that you can have direct control over what channels you build into a task.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,059 Views)

The whole point of "Express" is that it takes away all those advanced options so it's less confusing for noobs.  If you want to control your DAQ configuration, just dump the DAQ Assistant and write real DAQmx code.  Start with the examples and you'll find it's quite easy.

You can also start with the DAQ Assistant and do your basic configuration.  Then, right-click it and select 'generate DAQmx code'.  You'll find all the config stuff in a subVI with constants you can convert to controls...  (It's also a good way to learn DAQmx coding)

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,055 Views)

ok.

I was expecting that answer :). i need speed so i will not lose the express.

Thx anyway.

Regards,

asnaev

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,039 Views)