From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

concatenate PNG pics

Hello.
I'm currently acquiring images of cristals placed in a X ray beam. These pictures are saved in PNG format (one of these pics is attached with this message). I have to concatenate the bright section of each of them together. Is there a way to easily do that using IMAQ functions?
How to transform the black color (R=0 G=0 B=0) onto transparency (supported by png format) ?
CLA, CTA, LV Champion
View Cyril Gambini's profile on LinkedIn
This post is made under CC BY 4.0 DEED licensing
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,012 Views)
Hey zy,

You and me both.  I am acquiring images of a grating.  Mine are saved in BMP format and I have to concatenate multiple images together at the edges of one end to the other beginning. 

A few people have mentioned the IMAQ ImageToImage.vi but I'm unable to use this, my vision toolkit is a bit messed up.

Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,001 Views)
Hi Steve!
If it's just to concateante images from edge to edge, I made the program attached. It works fine for my app but you may have to update it in order to make it fit to your application. This VI is far to be perfect but it works...
Do you have any idea about my problem?
CLA, CTA, LV Champion
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,994 Views)
Hey z,

Thanks for the vi...I'm gonna check it out right now.

In regard to your problem, I have an entire collection of IMAQ setups that could help you with your problem.  I'll start looking through them to see if any could help you.  They are from one of the interns, so I'm not entirely sure what is there...so I'll let you know.

Thanks again,
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,987 Views)
Thanks!
I'm impatient to see if you have something that could help me...
CLA, CTA, LV Champion
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,983 Views)
I'm looking to see if anything could help you, but like I said my Vision Toolkit is messed up...I'm missing a lot of the VIs so I can't really run the programs...let alone run yours. 

I'm going around looking for computers that have the missing VIs so I can test them, sorry for the wait.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,972 Views)

To transfer black for display, you need mask (Create Mask.vi);

To transfer black for tiff, or png file, you need alpha channel.

"Save Image with Transparency" demonstrates how to create alpha channel.

George Zou

George Zou
Message 7 of 9
(2,960 Views)

from memory....

with IMAQ's...

you can create an empty image buffer and treat its info an an array.  You concatenate the arrays into a single larger array.  The array data us actual pixel info, thus the image.

I seem to recall that there are IMAQ vi's that do this for you..  but my memory is now poor on the topic... I'd have to do a bit of research / review...

Oh yeah... you have to open the image withi IMAQ first before treating it as an array...

RayR

Message 8 of 9
(2,948 Views)

@Steve.Briggs wrote:
I'm looking to see if anything could help you, but like I said my Vision Toolkit is messed up...I'm missing a lot of the VIs so I can't really run the programs...let alone run yours. 

I'm going around looking for computers that have the missing VIs so I can test them, sorry for the wait.

There are the basic IMAQ toolset and one that is purchased with additional  / Advanced features..  For what was described in earlier posts, you will need additional IMAQ VI's.
Message 9 of 9
(2,945 Views)