LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

compiling exe app with labview config.txt files included

I have a labview program which references a range of labview config.txt files (holding the config controls for the instrument I am controlling). I now want to compile a standalone executable for this, but am having trouble getting it to include the config  text files in the compile.
I also want  to include a range of excel templates (for my report outputs) in the exe file, so I dont have to transport all these lookup files with my executable to a new machine.
I thought I should just include these directories in the 'support files' section of the build specification, but it doesnt seem to work. Can anyone help with this?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,132 Views)
LabVIEW 7 or 8?
I don't think you can add text or excel files "inside" the executable,
but you can add them to an installer so that they are automatically placed in a destination folder you specify.
The method is a bit different depending on the version of the application builder you have.

With version 8.2, the files you want must be in the project to be added as support files.

Under the 'source files' category select the support files you wish to add and click the 'add items' arrow next to the 'Dynamic VIs and Support Files' box.
Once the application is compiled with these files included, when you make the installer based on that application, those support files will be included with the Installer.

Message Edited by Troy Kujawski on 06-01-2007 12:37 PM

Troy - CLD "If a hammer is the only tool you have, everything starts to look like a nail." ~ Maslow/Kaplan - Law of the instrument
Message 2 of 2
(2,126 Views)