LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

compile and run hotkey

I agree that a factor of 100 is not normal and you better check your development system (typical improvements are under 10% when running and maybe more for the loading time). Can you do some profiling. What is the CPU use when running in the two environments?

Have you fuilly tested the executable? Is the functionality the same for all practical purpose or could it be that large code parts are skipped in the executable because they fail to load and you are not handling the errors?

Also explain exactly how you are measuring execution speed. Is this on the same hardware?

Yes, please tell us what the application does or even attach some code. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(313 Views)

System is WinXP Sp2

CPU Pentium 4 @2.8 GHz

with 1 GB RAM

in a few weeks i will get a new PC with Win7 and quadcore CPU.

There is a small part not running in the exe File. Its the pressure meter by Oerlikon Leybold 23xxxx, but i get no Error messages or warnings during build process.

i zipped the code and attached it. There are some parts i try things out with. So dont be shocked about the ugly code. (i just started learning labview.)

================================
system: Win7 and debian stable
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(305 Views)

@asdfsfdasdafasdf wrote:

There is a small part not running in the exe File. Its the pressure meter by Oerlikon Leybold 23xxxx, but i get no Error messages or warnings during build process.

Assuming you're running some fast loop, it might very well be 100x difference if it doesn't communicate with the pressure meter! You're comparing apples to oranges. How long does a call to the pressure meter take?

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(297 Views)

update:

The Leybold Center Three is connected with RS232 and is quite slow in Ctrl+R mode. In .exe mode it does not work at all.

So the .exe file was a lot faster.

I excluded the data aquisition via RS232 to a loop that is executed only every 10th time and the Code runs fast in Ctrl+R mode.
But i could not find out yet what is going wrong during the .exe build process.

Thanks to everyone so far and a good start into 2012

================================
system: Win7 and debian stable
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(283 Views)