LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

compatibility with windows 10 and DAQmx 14

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm having some troubles with some DAQmx's VIs, I'm trying to use the Vernier's SensorDAQ but even when my computer recognices the device when I try to create an application with LabVIEW it can find VIs like DAQmx clear task among others.

I have LabVIEW 2014 Academic Suite and NI DAQmx 14.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,649 Views)

http://download.ni.com/support/softlib//multifunction_daq/nidaqmx/15.1/readme.html  This is the readme for the newest version of DAQmx.  It doesn't support Windows 10.  You'll want to keep an eye out for any updates that come around Feb/March.  There's a chance they'll add support then.  It's unlikely they'd add support for Windows 10 in the drivers before they add it to LabVIEW.  It's certain the drivers that were released a year before Windows 10 would have compatibility issues.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,634 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jane_Doe

Did you try reinstalling or repairing DAQmx after installing LabVIEW? Windows 10 is similar to Windows 8 so even though NI don't officially support it yet (tut-tut Smiley Wink ) I see no reason that it wouldn't work.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,592 Views)

Have you had luck installing drivers on unsupported OSes in the past Sam?  I've seen things where LabVIEW will work.  But, I've never had the same luck with drivers.

Even if that's an avenue that has potential to work, they'd be better off upgrading to the newest drivers here instead of drivers that existed long before Windows 10.  I'd expect they'd have at least started developing for Windows 10 by the point the latest drivers came out.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,585 Views)

Yes, many times. The differences between Win 7, Win 8 and Win 10 are pretty minor when it comes to drivers - most of the situations where I've run into difficulties have been either because the driver wasn't signed (MS getting more strict on driver signing with newer OSes) or because the driver had an artificial restriction regarding which versions it worked on (e.g. OS <= Win 7, for example).

Just because it's not supported doesn't mean it doesn't work...it just means that you won't necessarily get much help if it doesn't (because they haven't fully tested it etc.)!

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,575 Views)