From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

compare filtered audio with orginal audio in real time

Hi Is there anyone who has done the program before, to compare the filtered audio from noises with the saved orginal audio in real time?

I would like to know how to do, get familiar with the LV functions?

Clement
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,798 Views)
I am not doing the voice recognition but to detect the familiar sounds for eg, baby crying, air raid siren, raining.

clement  
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,788 Views)
Clement,

Shipping examples that use the sound VIs can be found in LabVIEW >> Help >> Find Examples... >> Hardware Input and Output >> Sound.

The following information was found on NI.com.

NI Discussion Forums : Most Active Software Boards : LabVIEW : How can i compare two sounds? (especially message 3)
NI Discussion Forums : Most Active Software Boards : LabVIEW : How do i compare two audio bursts and say they are same or otherwise (LV 7.1 or 8.2)?

Sound VIs for LabVIEW 8.5 can be researched in the LabVIEW help files here.
Sound File Read.VI
reads data from a .wav file into an array of waveforms.
Acquire Sound.VI acquires data from a sound device.
Using Comparison Functions discusses two methods to
compare arrays or clusters: aggregates mode and elements mode.

NI Sound and Vibration Software
provides a complete software solution for all Audio, Noise and Vibration, and Machine Condition Monitoring applications.
NI LabVIEW Advanced Signal Processing Toolkit
is a suite of software tools, example programs, and utilities for time-frequency analysis, time-series analysis, and wavelets.
NI Digital Filter Design Toolkit for LabVIEW extends LabVIEW with functions and interactive tools for design, analysis, and implementation of digital filters.

Perhaps you will find this information useful.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,776 Views)
Hi Steve.

Many Thanks!
Clement
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,770 Views)

Hi, I am new to labVIEW, and I am doing a baby crying detection project now. I have to detect baby crying and differentiate it with various type of sound like baby laugh, music and other kind of sound. The method I can think now is using FFT , cepsrum as I found some information about the pitch frequency of the baby crying. But I can not write a code that can display accurately the FFT spectrum and cepstrum. I also don't know how to filter the noise. Can you help me and give me some idea? Really really thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,979 Views)

its possible . (1) Remove low freq signals from sound file using LPF. (2) Take FFT of both signals (3) Set threshold and find peaks .(4) Comapre both array and mesaure the % matching .

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,439 Views)

@sambudas wrote:

its possible . (1) Remove low freq signals from sound file using LPF. (2) Take FFT of both signals (3) Set threshold and find peaks .(4) Comapre both array and mesaure the % matching .

Are you aware of you are replying to a 3 years old post? 🙂

The guy even did not log in since then...

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,424 Views)