cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

compactRIO Examples

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have Labview Developer Suite v.8.6, and cannot open some of the included examples.  I am unsure if these example have been deleted or overwritten, so I have tried to re-install the software.  After re-installing, I am still unable to open the examples.  Specifically, I am trying to open the FPGA code examples for serial and CAN communications.

Is there any other way to restore the examples that were included with the software?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,773 Views)

Thoose examples come with the modules (FPGA) and drivers (CAN).

What examples exactly wont open and what VIs are missing?

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,771 Views)

When using the LabVIEW Example Finder, we were unable to open the following two example projects:

1. The Basic CAN labview project, under Hardware Input/Output >>CompactRIO >>Module Specific >>CAN >>Basic

2. The Serial labview project under Hardware Input/Output >>CompactRIO >>Module Specific >>Serial (there is only one example project in this category).

The error message says that it cannot open the example.  It does not indicate whether or not it can locate the VIs in the project.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,761 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author karinb

Well, one thing you could try is to directly go to the examples directory and try to open the examples from there. I am assuming Example Finder is messing up maybe because of a firewall.

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.6\examples

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,738 Views)

Thanks!

Still not sure why we were able to use the Example Finder when we first installed LabVIEW, but cannot open examples with it now.  However, if we go to where the examples are located in the computer's file directory, we are able to open them!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,734 Views)
You should try to repair the LV Installation with deactivated virus scanners and firewall.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,713 Views)