LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

como llamar un VI's desde otro?

Hola

es una pregunta muy corta pero enrevesada.
¿como puedo llamar a varios VI's desde otro VI's generico?

Realmente lo que quiero conseguir es algo que sea fácil de poner y quitar subprogramas, para correr.¿ No hay ninguna forma de llamarlos sin que estén en el propio sub VI’s?
Mi idea es que un programa general que sea capaz de llamar a otros subprogramas (que no estén en el propio subVI’s) en forma de un ciclo. Explico esto de ciclo. Por ejemplo le digo al programa general que me haga correr el subprograma 1 , 2, 3 , 4 y 5. Cuando acaben todos los subprogramas sus tareas, le digo que vuelva a correr. Y así sucesivamente.
Muchas gracias

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,818 Views)

Hi JLAR,

Can you attach your post as I am not sure what you are trying to do. If you just want to call some VIs into your main VI dynamically without making them SubVIs, you can use a Property Node to call them dynamically. See the attached VIs for more information.

To call them multiple time you can use a While loop around the code with a stop button. If you want to call them multiple times on some condition, you can use a simple state machine.

Regards,

Nitzz

(Give Kudos to Good Answers, Mark it as a Solution if your proble is Solved;)) 

Download All
Message 2 of 8
(2,815 Views)

In answer to your question: Yes, this is possible. What you want is the demo VIs that go with this script:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/57304415/Design-Patterns-and-Object-Orientation-Demonstration-Script

I don't know where those are actually hosted and Google wasn't any help to me in finding them. If I find them later, I'll post a link. In the meantime, reading the script I just linked to may be helpful (but it may just be confusing if you don't have the demo VIs to go along with the script).

Message 3 of 8
(2,821 Views)
Message 4 of 8
(2,801 Views)

drawing

HI NitzZ:

Thanks for your answer.

I attached a drawing, because I didn’t explain well. It explains what I want to make.

I want to make a VI’s which call to others VI’s.  These VI’s make their functions when the principal VI’s is running.

I have the programs made, but I can’t call the programs.

Here is in Spanish.

Quiero hacer un VI’s que me llame a otros VI’s y que estos realicen la función que tiene que hacer.

Tengo los programas hechos pero no sé cómo llamarlos para que hagan sus respectivas funciones.

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,785 Views)

Aristos Queue

Thanks for your answer

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,784 Views)

Hi JLAR,

I am trying to do the same. Finally how did you get it done? 

Could you help me please

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,125 Views)

Hi 99,

I'd suggest taking a look at these links:

Dynamically Loading and Calling VIs 

Quickly Calling VIs Dynamically in LabVIEW (this actually does something a bit different, but I'm including the link so you're aware of it. Note it probably is NOT what you're looking for)

The first link discusses dynamically loading and then calling (who'd have guessed?) VIs on a calling VI.

This allows you to vary the behaviour of your system, provided your VIs have equivalent connector panes.

You could also consider using Dynamic Dispatch and object-oriented programming to vary the implementation using something like the Factory Pattern if you need multiple implementations, but for the same basic idea.

Don't do this if you want to do completely different things (see Liskov Substitution Principle), except if you can label the action something like "Take Action.vi" and have each child only perform a specific action (this is the Command Pattern, you can read about the use of this with Actor Framework in LabVIEW, see "Do.vi" for messages).

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,121 Views)