From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

comment generer un appel via un telephone portable connecte au pc par usb

Solved!
Go to solution

Bonjour,

Comment peut-on generer un appel via un telephone portable (nokia6680) connecte au pc par usb, a partir de labview?

j'ai installe "nokia PC suite". peut-etre est-ce possible a partir de la palette "Connectivite/Bibliotheque et executable" de demarrer ce soft et generer automatiquement un appel vers un numero predefini ? Ca semble complique et  ca m'etonnerait que ca marche...

Apparemment ce sont les commandes AT qui permettent de gerer un telephone portable a partir d'un PC. Y'a-t-il moyen d'utiliser un programme  type hyperterminal pour se faire la main et pouvoir ensuite utiliser les fonctions VISA dans labview?Pour le moment, je ne vois pas comment debuter. Hyperterminal gere les communications avec les ports type RS232 mais comment gerer l'USB, il faut installer un soft pour que la connexion USB du telephone portable se comporte comme un port RS232 virtuel?

j'ai deja vu comment importer une dll dans labwindows sur un autre projet mais il faut avoir la description de la dll, le nom des fonctions pour pouvoir les utiliser. Dans le cas present, je n'ai pas tout ca.

Merci si qq peut m'aider car la, je suis bloque (j'ai vu qu'il y avait des messages sur ce sujet mais ca ne m'a permis d'etablir une communication avec le telephone en dehors du soft nokia PC suite).

Mon but est d'envoyer une alerte par tel pour une application d'acquisition de donnees qui tourne sur un laptop non connecte a un reseau.

JF 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,850 Views)

French to English (For getting more responses)

Hello, 

How can we generate a call via a cell phone (nokia6680) connects to the PC via USB, from labview?

I installed "Nokia PC Suite." Maybe it is possible from the palette Connective / Library and executable "to start this software and automatically generate a call to a preset number? It seems complicated and it surprised that it works ...

Apparently these are the AT commands that manage a mobile phone from a PC. Is there any way to use standard program HyperTerminal to be the main power and then use the functions in LabVIEW VISA? For now, I do not know how to begin. Hyperterminal manages communications with RS232 port type but how to manage USB, you must install a software for connecting USB mobile phone behaves as a virtual RS232 port?

I have already seen how import a dll in LabWindows on another project but there must be a description of the dll, the name of the functions you can use them. In the present case, I do not ca.

Qq thank you if can help me because I'm blocking (I saw that there were messages on this subject but it only allowed me to establish a telephone communication with the outside soft Nokia PC Suite ).

My goal is to send a warning by such a data acquisition applications running on a laptop not connected to a network.

JF
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,846 Views)

Si je selectionne "Connect using: nokia 6680 USB modem" dans les proprietes hyperterminal, il faut fournir un numero de telephone... je ne comprends pas comment ca marche.

JF 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,842 Views)
No, you cannot control Hyperterminal from LabVIEW or any other program. You can however, use the VISA functions in LabVIEW instead. You configure the port (baud rate, parity, etc) with the VISA Configure Serial Port and you would send commands with the VISA Write. The VISA Write would perform the same function as you typing something into Hyperterminal. According to your image, the device driver for the modem does make it appear as a serial port so you should not need to install anything else. Open MAX (Measurement & Automation Explorer) and see if the modem is listed.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,813 Views)

No, you cannot control Hyperterminal from LabVIEW or any other program. You can however, use the VISA functions in LabVIEW instead. You configure the port (baud rate, parity, etc) with the VISA Configure Serial Port and you would send commands with the VISA Write. The VISA Write would perform the same function as you typing something into Hyperterminal. According to your image, the device driver for the modem does make it appear as a serial port so you should not need to install anything else. Open MAX (Measurement & Automation Explorer) and see if the modem is listed. No, you cannot control Hyperterminal from LabVIEW or any other program. You can however, use the VISA functions in LabVIEW instead. You configure the port (baud rate, parity, etc) with the VISA Configure Serial Port and you would send commands with the VISA Write. The VISA Write would perform the same function as you typing something into Hyperterminal. According to your image, the device driver for the modem does make it appear as a serial port so you should not need to install anything else. Open MAX (Measurement & Automation Explorer) and see if the modem is listed.

Hello,

the mobile telephone is not detected in max as you can see on the link picture. I don't think the telephone appears as a standard serial port in hyperterminal : you have to provide a phone number in this case and not when using COM1 (see the link pictures). I think it is more complicated to establish communication with a USB connection than with a serial RS232 cable.

My goal is not to load hyperterminal with labview. Using hyperterminal is just a simple way to establish communication with a serial device (send some AT commands and check the serial device answer), then using VISA functions with Labview.

But it doesn't run in my case.

JF 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,777 Views)

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,776 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author chouca

Finally, it runs. When connecting telephone by usb cable and after installing nokia pc suite, the telephone appears like one added virtual COM and another item: "Nokia 6680 usb modem cable". Select the line corresponding to the added virtual COM port, in my case it appears like "COM17". Then the configuration is easy:  choose the  baud rate (9800bps or anything else until 115200bps, apparently the telephone can detect the chosen speed rate),  8 data bit, no parity, no control flow. then you can send the commands AT:

ATD xxxxxxxxx; followed by carriage return to call a telephone (xxxxxxxxx is the phone number), the ; at the end of the command is needed to call (else there is an error detected "NO CARRIER")

to send a SMS, send: 

AT+CMFG=1

AT+CMGS="xxxxxxxxx"

then tape the message to send, followed by Ctrl-Z (code ASCII: 0x1A)

If you are interested by this subject, I advice you to start the test with hyperterminal or another programm to establish easily a serial communication, then implement in Labview. I suppose the AT commands are a little bit different with other telephones like Nokia. 

Note: to send Ctrl-Z with Labview, click right on the string array in the diagramm and select hexadecimal code, then add 1A and re-click to print  normal code...

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,731 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,728 Views)
http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.php/Using_AT_commands_to_send_and_read_SMS
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,727 Views)