LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

combining txt file and live data file

I have attached a picture of the problem I am having. I am trying to dump my live data into the txt file I have created with the proper headings. I can run the VI and the txt file is successfully made, but it does not contain the data collected from the appropriate graph. How do I allow the live data to combine with the txt file?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,213 Views)

attached your vi

------------------------------------------------------------------

Kudos and Accepted as Solution are welcome!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,188 Views)

Hopefully this will help assist you. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,176 Views)

Have you looked at the Write To Text File Example that ships with LabVIEW?

Wire up your data to a Write to Text and then post any additional questions you run into from there.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,165 Views)

You need to get away from that Measurement File Express VI.  I highly recommend looking at the Array To Spreadsheet String function in the String Palette.  It will greatly reduce you code and make it a lot simpler.

As I said in your other thread, you need to use the File IO functions.  Open/create your file, then write the header data.  Use the Array To Spreadsheet String to make that a lot easier.  Then inside whatever loop you have, you can write your data as much as you want, using the same file reference.  Again, use the Array To Spreadsheet String to format your data and save it.  Then close the file when you are done.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,159 Views)