From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

combining boolean together

hi, i have 80 boolean in the front panel and i want to combine 10 booleans each and have 8 control kind of thing so that whenever i give true to one among the 8 controls, the 10 booleans inside it should turn true

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(710 Views)
  1. So you have a "group" of 10 Booleans.  What do you know about Data Structures?  What Data Structure would you use to group together 10 variables of the same type (e.g. I32 (32-bit integers), Dbl, Boolean)?
  2. A slightly different question -- you have 2 Booleans and you want to know if at least one of them is True.  What (Boolean) operation would return "True" under those conditions?
  3. You have two Booleans (or 10 Booleans) whose value is unspecified, and you want to turn them all True.  Assume they are "grouped" as in #1, above.  How would you turn all of them True?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(703 Views)

@rk0001 wrote:

hi, i have 80 boolean in the front panel and i want to combine 10 booleans each and have 8 control kind of thing so that whenever i give true to one among the 8 controls, the 10 booleans inside it should turn true

Please show us a simplfied versions your VI.

A lot of your statements are not clear.

• Is this a 10x8 (or 8x10) 2D array? A jumble of 80 booleans? Something else?
  • Are these controls or indicators?
  • What are the initial states?
  • Where is "inside"
  • What is "combine"
  • What are "8 control kind of things"? Are these 8 more booleans or part of the 80?
  • How do you "give true"? What should happen if you "give false"?
  • etc.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(644 Views)