LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

colour representationof a 2d array in a table

Hello,

I have a 2d array of temperatures that I am displaying in a table as a colour. I have different ranges which determine what colour is displayed.

A requirement is that the temperature ranges can be controlled using dials in 'real time', ie when you turn the dials you should see the colours change.

But the current method that I am using seems to slow as it goes through row by row changing the colour.

I put a button in, so it whould at least update when requested, so the VI wouldn'tbe as sluggish.

Is there any way of speeding this up?

(VI attached)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,403 Views)

A couple of techniques to spped up table updates.

1) use index of "-2" and "-1" to do entire table or single rows or collumns.

2) Defer fronta panel updates before and undefer after the update.

3) Keep your tables small (cheat if you have to Smiley Wink ).

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,398 Views)

Thanks for the prompt reply Ben.

I've tried using the -1 and -2 thing. By putting -1 as the input to the bundle by name node for the orw and column doesn't seem to do anything. And by putting -2 takes the last row/column in my arrayand turns every row/column in the table that colour.

Also I am not sure what you mean by defer and undefer front panel update, would you mind expanding on this?

I am looking for way to cheat btw 😉

Jack

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,381 Views)

If you search on deferthis is near the top. Check out that link for more words on this topic.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,378 Views)