LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

code:66 tcp write change password error.

Good morning, 

I apologize if any key information is missing, I am not very familiar with LabView.

I am currently troubleshooting an intermittent error that I am being told is a network error however I don't believe this is true.  We currently utilize software written in LabView by vendor that is used on several test locations.  The configuration is the same: through a secondary NIC on a private VLAN there are 2 other devices that the software uses, a signal conditioner and a gps clock.  There are periods where,when bringing up the software it will not see the GPS clock (which is also the timing source for the associated digitizers that are connected to the signal conditioner).  The GPS clock and signal conditioner both run through a managed switch.  As stated, the software will, at various locations, intermittently not see the GPS clock or lose it while connected.  As I was being told this was a network issue from the lead technician I thought this might be a duplex mismatch or a firewall that might have been recently implemented.  However, the network switch and the NIC are both set to auto-negotiate, the GPS clock, when speaking with the networking personnel, is transmitting at 100mb/full duplex (as per the device documentation) and they see no conflicts on their side.  All cables were checked and determined to be good.  There are no firewalls in place.  This device communicates via telnet and there are currently no policies implemented preventing this.  I also, under ethernet properties, disabled all but IPv4 as this fixed a similar issue on an unrelated system elsewhere.  

Yesterday I was able to run wireshark while bringing up the system in question and during the initial communication with the device there was a reset packet which i then received a message from the software that it could not find the GPS clock.  After a few attempts I was able to bring up the software with communication to all devices.  In Wireshark I was able to see several retransmissions and eventually it stopped retransmitting and the software in question was locked up.  Upon closing the software I received this message "

Code:66, Source: TCP Write in 6115G-TSM Change Password - Logoff.vi->6115G-TSM Close Connection.vi->Shutdown_Close Refnums.vi->Shutdown Main VI.vi->Top Level GUI.vi" where the TSM is the gps device in question.  I have seen the code 66 before however never this message.  I am unsure if this is stating the device suddenly lost it's password or if it's indicating something else.  This device has been used at the various test sites for several years and this issue of intermittent comms seems to be within the last year.  

If I am missing any key information or more is required please let me know.  Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,091 Views)

I also forgot to add that the power management is set to high performance and the NIC power management has the power off in standby option unchecked.  It should not be going to sleep for any reason.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,074 Views)

Hi,
Do you have the LabVIEW code or only the executable? If you have the code maybe you could share it and that would give us more insight on what's going on.
Also, have you checked these other discussions on this topic? You may find useful information there:

TCP error 66

TCP/IP error code 66

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,049 Views)