cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cluster typedef red coercion dot with property node value

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi!

I have a larger project, where I do parallel DAQ and other calculations. In the project I pass all of my relevant data between different parts of the program using a cluster typedef control, so if I need to add new element, it updates everywhere in my project. My problem is, when I want to update the elements of this typdef control on the GUI regarding to the changes at different places in my program, I use property node for this. Usually it works, but sometimes I get a really strange behaviour...sometimes the enum element does not get updated, and so on....

I have attached a simplified version, only including the relevant part...

Any idea what I do wrong?

Thanks very much!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,881 Views)

just one more thing: What I have found on this NI forum about typdef controls and property nodes, that it is not advised to use property nodes with typdef controls. So now I revise my project, and I try to update my GUI typedef control at only one place in my code just simply connecting to the data flow. But my question is still:

if in LabView the typedef controls and property nodes (write) are not totally comaptibles then what should I use if I want to update the GUI typdef control from different places in my code not directly connected with dataflow?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,873 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Blokk

The attached file and picture shows a way to write to the control with property nodes.

Run the program. You can change the "Current GPIB subvi" selection or select a control (via Index) and set it's value.

td cluster.png

You could use a type def enum to select the desired control if you know the order of controls will not change.

steve

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the forum when you get help. Click the "Solution?" icon on the reply that answers your
question. Give "Kudos" to replies that help.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,843 Views)

I got it 🙂

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,837 Views)