LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cluster connection will not work

Solved!
Go to solution

Please see my picture. Can anyone help me fix this broken wire? The error is telling me the clusters are two different sizes but that does not make sense. Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,463 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author frog7

Right-click on the array to cluster and change the cluster size to 4.  It defaults to 9.

EDIT:  OR, just wire the original cluster back in since you didn't change anything... Smiley Wink

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,461 Views)

Right-click the Array to Cluster, Set Cluster Size, and set it to 4 elements (or, just use a bundle in the first place and skip the array).  LabVIEW cannot generally determine at edit time how many elements are in an array, and that number needs to be constant when converting to a cluster, so you need to manually tell it how many elements should be in the cluster.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,457 Views)

I'll shield my eyes from possible abuse of the Array to Cluster primitive and take the opportunity to plug this again:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Remove-Default-Behavior-from-Array-To-Cluster/idi-p/17...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,440 Views)

NIquist wrote:

EDIT:  OR, just wire the original cluster back in since you didn't change anything... Smiley Wink

Mmm, might want to look more carefully, it looks like the new cluster contains only some of the elements from the previous cluster...

To the original poster: use the Index Array function to get specific array elements.  Don't convert to a cluster and then unbundle.  The Index Array function expands so you can retrieve multiple array elements with a single block.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,423 Views)

@nathand wrote:

NIquist wrote:

Mmm, might want to look more carefully, it looks like the new cluster contains only some of the elements from the previous cluster...

To the original poster: use the Index Array function to get specific array elements.  Don't convert to a cluster and then unbundle.  The Index Array function expands so you can retrieve multiple array elements with a single block.

I just meant the bounding box cluster wire, not the ORIGINAL original cluster.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,389 Views)