From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

client/server incompatibility issue

I had an application running happily under Version 7.0 of LabVIEW over the web. Upgrading Labview on the server machine from 7.0 to 7.1 now all my clients (that have the 7.0 LabVIEW run-time) get into this nasty "incompatible version of server/client" error. Ok, installed the 7.1 run-time on one of the clients, but darling MICROSOFT Internet Eplorer has that file type associated with the run-time 7.0, which it offers to reinstall each time I try to open the vi in the browser. CATCH 22 ! since reinstalling the 7.0 run-time gives again the "incompatible version of server/client" error !

I realize this is more of an Internet Exploder plugin-configuration question, but please, if anybody ran into this before, HELP !

Just a first guess, a candidate for change would be the "SNAP FILE" type, but I'm not sure, and there is no executable in the 7.1 run-time directory, just a few dll's !

Larry T.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,388 Views)
OK, I'll answer myself:

I was reusing the web page created in the old environment (just directing the web server to the old 7.0/www directory) - BAD IDEEA ! Regenerating the page on the server, in the 7.1 Labview environment, now it "pulls out" the right RT ver. 7.1 on the client !

Lazy programming doesn't always work !
Message 2 of 2
(2,384 Views)