LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

clearing the chart

hey guys 

in the attached vi i need to clear the chart "passing points 2" i created a property node for it but its not working, kindly tell me how to have a cleared chart whenever i start the vi and to clear the chart by pushing the button while the vi is running.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,023 Views)

Your attachment did not attach.

Generally you wire an empty array to a History Data Property node to clear a chart.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,013 Views)

hey lynn 

sorry heres the vi 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,009 Views)

If you want to clear during the run, the case structure and boolean needs to be inside the while loop. Right now it can only execute once at the start of the program.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,999 Views)

In addition to what altenbach said, you should move the LINX initializaton VIs outside the loop. Repeatedly initializing a serial port without ever closing it will likely cause errors and will certainly slow things down.

Lynn

Clear chart.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,991 Views)

thank you so much both of you i would try this first thing in the morning and post back if i have any issuea thanks alot again

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,988 Views)

hey guys i tweaked my vi a lot and clear chart works. but the data rate is too high i guess and im unable to see the waveform of passing points it sqeezes too quickly, how do i increase the lenth of time axis so the waveform is visible for a while. Please see the attached vi

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,796 Views)

In the simulation, cofigure it to simulate acquisition timing. Currently, you have it set to run as fas as possible.

Whatever you are doing to the dynamic data before the graph makes no sense to me. Can you explain what you had in mind? A lof of yuor code seems unecessary. Why convert DBL to DBL, U8 to U8, etc

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,789 Views)