LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cleanup diagram not working

Solved!
Go to solution

in LV2017 the cleanup tool doesn't work for diagrams which have timed loops with frames and shift registers ...

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(1,450 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Arcus

There's an old adage (well, not so old, and probably not an adage): "If the cleanup tool makes your block diagram look better, you're probably doing it wrong."  I only use the BD cleanup tool on very simple VIs containing maybe one or two nodes.  I find that if you manually "clean as you go", you get much better results without much effort.  Now if only I can take the same approach with keeping my home office in order...

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 12 of 17
(1,441 Views)

Hi Billko, I wanna have one for my desk as well! thanks for your reply. If this tool is improved by NI maaaaybe with AI? Laziness would be a norm for the labview world, and we all get pampered big time!

Message 13 of 17
(1,422 Views)

BTW - I have trouble accepting my post as a solution.  Maybe it's worth kudos, but not a solution.  I'd feel more comfortable if you downgraded my solution to a kudo.  (I know "kudos" is the both the singular and the plural, but, but "kudos" just looks so wrong as the singular.)

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(1,412 Views)

@billko wrote:

BTW - I have trouble accepting my post as a solution.  Maybe it's worth kudos, but not a solution.  I'd feel more comfortable if you downgraded my solution to a kudo.  (I know "kudos" is the both the singular and the plural, but, but "kudos" just looks so wrong as the singular.)

According to Dictionary.com Kudo is a correct singular.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/kudos

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
Message 15 of 17
(1,398 Views)

Clean up was not working for me suddenly so I tried a few things. I removed a text comment I had added to point to "N" for a FOR loop, and the clean up started working as expected. Lesson: Try removing text comments ( I had comment pointing to "N") and it could start working again.

Message 16 of 17
(1,209 Views)

This worked for me as well. Thanks for the suggestion.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(27 Views)