LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

class conflict for out of com process automation objects

hello all

I would like to ask you for help again  about the handling of class commands through VIs

I work with an OLE object (activex like) embedded in an exe. (out-of-com process) for this, I'm using the refnum automation that is working fine.

The first step is to register this object in regserver32, then select a path by right click in my refnum, where the .exe is stored

Problem:

depending of the bench, this object is not at the same path. everytime I deploy my program I have to change the path pointed by the refnum, else it doesn't work

To solve this I tryed to facilitate the changing of path, by creating 2 refnums (refnum A and refnum B), pointing at the same OCX but with different incorporated paths, and put them in higher levels of calling VI that implies to pass the refnum as a command

Involved problem n°1:

class conflict. the refnum automation command that I pass doesn't support the refnum A and B the same time wherehas the only thing that is changing is the path inside.

to solve this again, I changed my refnum commands into standard automation object

Involved problem n°2:

anything is working, the refnum is not called

can you help me to solve this? you will find below a picture of my calling VI hierarchy + a zip file containing the .VI (labview 2015)

Sans titre.png

Pierre FCentum TNS, Grenoble
Certified LabVIEW Associated Developer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,506 Views)

Bonjour Pierre,

I am not sure that I understood well the issue, but is it possible to use 2 commands for each refnum instead of one?

Regards,

Jovan N. - Application Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,383 Views)