cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chipKit WF32 WiFi firmware does not work

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am new to LabVIEW. I follow the MakeHub tutorial and can finish them one by one except the WiFi part LINX .  My chipKIT WF32 board does not show up in my router's client list.

Can anyone show me some tips to correct it?

Thanks.  🙂

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,781 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author HKPhysicist

I have solved it at last.

I downgrade the NI-VISA package to v17.5 which is the latest version supporting Labview 2014.  Then, recompile the LINX etc.

Then, I place my Chipkit board near my wireless router.

Done!  😆

Message 2 of 7
(2,667 Views)

@HKPhysicist wrote:

I have solved it at last.

I downgrade the NI-VISA package to v17.5 which is the latest version supporting Labview 2014.  Then, recompile the LINX etc.

Then, I place my Chipkit board near my wireless router.

Done!  😆

Thanks for posting your solution.  This is a forum about helping each other, and taking the time to post your solution is a great way to help others!  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,653 Views)

Hi, I have the same problem, I downgraded the NI-VISA to the 17.5 version, and reinstalled the linx package but still can not get the WIFI work. Could you tell me the labVIEW version you used and any other detail for the setup?

Thx!!!!!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,134 Views)

I tested this case many times.

If router and wi-fi device cannot see each other, I usually reboot the router (from within the router webpage control panel), place the wi-fi device (in this case it is chipKit WF32 board) very close to the wireless router.

Then, chipkit WF32 will be able to connect to the router easily.

Cheers.  😀

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,107 Views)

Thanks so much for your patient reply. It finally worked, but not really stable. I will try to do some router setup later. By the way , have you ever tired to only use power cable to supply power to the controller instead of the usb communication cable, and then communicate wirelessly with remote pc via labview linx? Is that work?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,098 Views)

Yes, it works, but the PIC32MX consumes a whole lithium battery pack in one night.  😆

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,094 Views)