From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chinese file name

Hi guys,

I tried to open a vi with chinese file, it does not open. when i try to open by select open vi and choose that vi, it seems LabView does not recgonize the chinese file name. If i change to english name, it has no problem. It has vi with chinese. i could not change all  into english file. 

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,175 Views)

I forgot to mention, I am using LabView 2011 english edition and windows 7 english edition

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,170 Views)

English LabVIEW is not going to understand Chinese filenames, just like English speaking people are going to understand Chinese characters.

If you are going to program in Chinese, you are going to need to stick with Chinese LabVIEW.  Otherwise, you are going to have to translate your files to English or another language that uses normal characters.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,148 Views)

I fixed it, the Windows 7 has the language locale. It needs to be set on Chinese PRC locale. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,117 Views)

how u fix it?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,951 Views)

Just read the post above yours.  Sheesh.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,935 Views)

As said above I opened my chinese .vi renaming the file in english, but still the contents are in chinese, since there isnt chinese charaters in labview 2015 that I'm using chinese charaters are displayed as symbols. Could anyone please suggest me a solution for this, i wan to translate that chinese into english.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,806 Views)

Did you read any of the suggestions above?  What did you do so far?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,799 Views)

哥们,你为啥不用中文版的LabVIEW呢,不是可以解决一切问题了吗?

还有,你的英文和我的一样烂,哈哈!!

Once for all!
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,770 Views)