LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chinese characters in Labview 8

HI,
I have a Labview 8 Professional version on Linux.
I want to know if Labview 8 professional version supports chinese characters. I want to have chinese characters in my front panel but i dont know how to do it. My linux OS doesnt have any chinese characters in the regional and language settings, so i dont know how to get my program to work with chinese fonts.
First i need to know if there are any chinese fonts available in Labview 8.

Thanks,
Pavitra
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,641 Views)
Hello,

The inherent issue is that the character representation varies (can be multiple bytes per character) across some languages in order to support the number of characters required.  This is the primary reason for the complication in supporting characters in all languages.  In any event, the LabVIEW FAQs page has the direct answer you are looking for, which I will include here for completion:

For which platforms is LabVIEW 8 available?
LabVIEW is available for Windows XP/2000, Mac OS, and Linux.

Is LabVIEW 8 available in different languages?
English, Japanese, German, French, and Korean versions of LabVIEW 8 will be available this summer. Simplified Chinese documentation also is available.

There is documentation which notes that certain distributions/flavors of Linux have been able to support chinese characters in the past, so I will include the link below as well, although it was originally written for LabVIEW 6.1, in case it is helpful to you:

How Can I Display Chinese Characters in LabVIEW 6.1 for Linux?

I hope this helps!

Best Regards,

JLS

Message Edited by JLS on 03-29-2006 04:28 PM

Best,
JLS
Sixclear
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,624 Views)
Thanks!
0 Kudos