From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cheetah SPI for FLASH Memory W25Q32

Solved!
Go to solution

Do any body use a Cheetah SPI to write into a flash memory W25Q32?

the Cheetah ( http://www.totalphase.com/ ) have some LabView VIs, but there is no an example how to write all Flash memory, it's just ctrls, and instructions.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(5,519 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author LuisMontoya

Have you tried using the Total Phase Cheetah Instrument Driver?

Total Phase Cheetah SPI Host Adapter - Instrument Driver - National Instruments:

http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.model_page?p_model_id=15792

That Instrument Driver already includes SPI examples, I recommend that you change the example instead of starting from scratch.

Please keep me up with your progress, best regards.

David P.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
www.ni.com/soporte
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(5,358 Views)

Thank you DavidPrrs,

Actually I did and it's done!,

I have a very good speed in programming, very similar than Total Phase Software.

Smiley LOLSmiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(5,350 Views)

Excellent LuisMontoya!! I'm glad to heard that!!

Remember that we are here to support you, please don't forget to visit the NI community to seek or share examples.

Best regards!

David P.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
www.ni.com/soporte
Message 4 of 10
(5,336 Views)

You likey know this already, but NI does sell a USB SPI device with other DIO functionality.  (8451, 8452).  But honestly for most of the stuff I do I was able to get away with using the Arduino LIFA toolkit.  The Arduino toolkit has a palette for doing SPI and I2C, and the hardware is only $20.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(5,313 Views)

Can you share this code with me

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,652 Views)

There is no code to share, just the API I already mentioned, LIFA.

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA03q000000YHdSCAW&l=en-US

Since then LINX has replaced it and has similar functionality.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,647 Views)

Hi guys i am using labview 2017 evaluation version for my application for that i need to use total phase spi adapter but to include that device drivers into my labview instrument drivers its not working like that. I have followed the procedure suggested by the total phase, but still i am getting error like VI is not executable and libraries not found.

Please help me if anyone faced this issue...

total phase installation procedure.

1) It is essential to place the cheetah.dll in the downloaded package into a directory that is listed in the system search path. The Windows
system32 directory is a good location for the DLL.

Similarly if there is another cheetah.dll in the path that does not match the version of the one required by this package, there can be unexpected problems. In this situation LabVIEW may exit unexpectedly, providing no error message.

2) Move the files in this package to the

<LabVIEW_install_path>/instr.lib

3) The Cheetah LabVIEW driver is now installed. You may find the Instrument Driver VIs through the functions palette:

Functions Palette | Instrument I/O | Instrument Drivers | Cheetah Driver

Alternatively, you can use the VI tree contained in the Cheetah LabVIEW
Driver. Open:

<LabVIEW_install_path>/instr.lib/cheetah/cheetah.llb

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,481 Views)

Hi LuisMontoya,

I just run into your post related to programming your flash memory using Labview code.

Can you share a sample code on how you did it (if you still have it)?

I'm having a hard time on Erasing, Programming and Verifying my flash memory using the llb files.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,689 Views)

Hi, can you share with me the VI please?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(974 Views)