From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

charts again but this time multiplot X-Y

Solved!
Go to solution

For the life of me I can not figure out charts in Labview. I literally cringe every time I am asked to display a real time chart or graph of data.

Anyway here is what I am tying to do.

I need to plot several passes of data on one chart. I am using an X-Y chart because that is was is required to display the data correctly.

I can plot one run just fine but I need to change the plot color and run the loop again.

In my simple example the chart is in the inner loop because it need to be a real time display.

Each iteration of the outer loop needs to be a different plot color.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,656 Views)

Hi,

I dont think that you can have different colors for a single plot in an XY Chart. Even if you use Plot color property node to change the colors every itration, the color of the whole plot will be changed instead of the color of each itration data which you want. I think instead of trying to change the color of the plot each itration you can try doing different plots each itration with different colors if the number of plots is just a few plots.

Regards,

Nitzz

(Kudos are always Welcome, Mark as a solution if it is the One;))

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,651 Views)

@NitzZ wrote:

Hi,

I dont think that you can have different colors for a single plot in an XY Chart. Even if you use Plot color property node to change the colors every itration, the color of the whole plot will be changed instead of the color of each itration data which you want. I think instead of trying to change the color of the plot each itration you can try doing different plots each itration with different colors if the number of plots is just a few plots.

Regards,

Nitzz

(Kudos are always Welcome, Mark as a solution if it is the One;))

That is what I am now thinking too... But I can not figure out how to do multipul plots on the same graph/chart except for taking all the data for each plot in an array and then plotting the entire array of plots at the end.

That works but this is suppose to be a real time plot as customers are going to be observing and the entire test takes several minutes.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,649 Views)
Solution
Accepted by RTSLVU

Hello,

I think that should do it Smiley Happy

XY.Graph.png

Best regards,