From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chart plot in the form of decimal numbers

Hello all,

I am facing  a severe problem regarding the plot using charts.I am, plotting some data on charts(charts only,plot style will be like impulses) and whatever the data on the charts the corresponding amplitude should be pasted as text on the below picture indicator exactly at the corresponding position.Can anybody give me an idea please?

Thanks and regards,

srikrishnaNF

Regards,
Srikrishna

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,504 Views)
Do you mean the running over of a mouse pointer over the graph should display the value?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,486 Views)

srikrishnaNF wrote:

Hello all,

I am facing  a severe problem

And the problem is what? What you want to do cannot be done automatically, so you have to do it yourself. What have you done so far? Also, why are you using a picture indicator to display text. Also, do the chart cursors not give you the information you're looking for? The chart cursors would require no additional programming.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,478 Views)

Hi smercurio_fc,

I wonder whether the charts are also having cursors in your labview version.Which version of labview you are using?Smiley Very HappyI am unable to put text on chart and you are talking about the cursors on chart which are  not in my labview version 8.5.Thats why i am using labview picture indicator atleast i could display the value as text on it.Please tell me if you got some other idea.

Thanks and regards,

srikrishnaNF

Regards,
Srikrishna

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,463 Views)
Sorry, meant to say graph there, not chart. Yeah, I know that charts don't have cursors. It's too bad. Is what you're trying to plot have to be done on a chart, or can it be done with a graph? Your front panel doesn't really provide enough information. I still don't understand why you're trying to use a picture indicator just to display text. What's wrong with a string indicator? Is this something you're trying to overlay onto the chart? Are you trying to place some text over the little spike on the figure you showed?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,448 Views)

Hi smercurio_fc,

I have to use only chart not graph(not at all).Yes smercurio ,i need to overlay text on the chart where the text shows the Y-values.Yes ia m trying to place some text over the spike.Can you tell me how to do that?

Thanks and regards,

srikrishnaNF

Regards,
Srikrishna

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,429 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,425 Views)
Why do you think you have to use a chart? It would only take a shift register and a build array function to duplicate the simple functionality of a chart. I think you are making it much too difficult.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,424 Views)

Hi Dennis,

I should do a point by point plot as a sweep chart.I should not use a graph.

Thanks and regards,

srikrishnaNF

Regards,
Srikrishna

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,420 Views)
You mean you don't want to write the code to use a graph but you are want to jump through all kinds of hoops to use a picture control?
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,417 Views)